Heather Powers, owner of HKpowerStudio, is a designer who specializes in organizing. She lives in West Ashley.I start every day with, I call it my tonic. It consists of fresh grated ginger and turmeric, and a little cayenne pepper and honey and hot water. That gets me the energy for the day. It's based on a cleanse, but when I started finding fresh local ingredients, it was just even more delicious, and I made it a ritual.Then I had coffee: I have French press every morning. And I had grits. I am not a Southerner, but I'm a Southerner at heart. I love grits. I like a blend of yellow and white grits, with cheese. I like to make them spicy, so I add a spicy harissa. I also had a hard-boiled egg.
For lunch, I had leftovers. I had steamed basmati rice and a stir-fry of portobello mushrooms and bok choy and tofu and ... I never know. I just throw things in there. I love to cook Asian.Dinner was at Zia Taqueria. I had a fish taco and tortilla soup. And a margarita and some guacamole. Those are important.